Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 more bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I’m going to try my best to make all seven things, things that I haven’t mentioned on my blog before. Underneath that, you can find a list of the 15 bloggers I’ve nominated.
Seven Facts About Me:
- I was in a Backstreet Boys’ video. Note the apostrophe. Not an actual Backstreet Boys video, but one of the Backstreet Boys’ video. It was Nick Carter’s video for Burnin Up. You can’t really see me in the video, because I was mostly in the glow in the dark part. I had body paint stuck in my hair for a week. Also, side note: I used to work (a paid job) as a captain for his street team. There was a year or two where I felt like my life totally revolved around boybands because I was constantly at NKOTBSB (New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys) concerts. I’m not complaining. Boy bands are one of my all time favorite things, and it was a great couple of years.
- I met my husband on Tinder in 2014, which seemed a little unusual at the time, but I think it’s becoming more and more normal every year. Now, I feel like everyone I know is meeting someone through an online dating app. Cameron and I are obviously trendsetters. Maybe one day I’ll make a post all about that. Some of it is actually pretty funny, and I have screenshots of the first things we ever said to each other.
- I used to be a lifecaster. If you don’t know what that is, it’s when someone broadcasts themselves online 24/7. Think The Truman Show, but the difference is that I knew it was happening. Eventually, I stopped and started daily vlogging on YouTube instead. Now, I haven’t posted a video in years, which kind of sucks because I feel like my life is way more interesting than it was back then. Then again, it’s way busier than it was back then, so there’s absolutely no way I’d ever have time to edit videos every single day of my life.
- From ages 4-15, I was super obsessed with soccer. I played all year round, indoor, outdoor, traveling select teams, 4 vs. 4 leagues, soccer camps, all of it. Even Carla Overbeck came to one of the tournaments I played in. The whole plan was that I was going to get a scholarship to play soccer somewhere, but when you play that much soccer, it starts to feel like a job. I got burnt out on it the same year that I started failing Algebra 2. I was supposed to take a year off from soccer, which led to two years off, which then led to me never playing again because I had no desire to after being off for two years. Kind of regret that whole situation.
- I got my license suspended when I was 17 and had to go to jail. That sounds way worse than it actually was. Where I’m from (Hillbillyville, USA), everyone gets their license the day they turn 16, and immediately begins driving to school. When you’re 16-17 and running late for school every day, you get speeding tickets. The law in Ohio is that if you get two tickets before you turn 18, your license is suspended. I managed to get three because I got the third one before I went to court for the second one. So, while nearly half of the people I went to high school with can tell amazing stories of when they also got their licenses suspended, none of them were as lucky to get three tickets before age 18 like I was. Anyway, they make you take some safe driving class and go to jail. It’s a real jail, but you’re not really arrested. They make you wear orange murder jumpsuits, take mug shots, eat jail food, etc., because they want you to see that “this is what could happen to you if you continue spiraling out of control, you absolutely reckless teens.” Yeah right. If you didn’t get a ticket within six months after that, they promised to send you your mugshot as a “souvenir.” They made that promise before realizing I already had a third ticket, which is why there’s no adorable mugshot photo of a 17-year-old Rachel here.
- I’ve never broken a bone. I’m not sure how random or unusual that is, but you would think that during all my years of soccer, I would’ve broken something. I did jump up, head butt another girl, and pass out, though. Sometime before that, when I was ten years old, I fully passed out/collapsed in the locker room for no reason, and busted my chin wide open. Seven stitches on the outside and two in the inside. The girls on my soccer team called me “whiskers” because it looked like I had whiskers growing out of my chin. Doctors never were able to tell me why I passed out like that. Even after getting cat scans and everything else. I really don’t pass out anymore, but I did have migraines for like 20 years. Not anymore, though. Click here to find out how I quit taking Excedrin and got rid of my migraines.
- I wrote most of this post on my iPhone while laying in bed, in the dark, in the middle of the night. It was sometime after I gave London a bottle, because it’s really the only “free time” I have. I’m always too afraid to even open my laptop, because there’s a chance that the light from the screen could wake her up. Typically, all of my blog posts are written in the middle of the night or during my lunch breaks at work.
The bloggers I’m nominating for The Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Steph Loves
- Mama + Babe
- The Chic Confidential
- Forever My Little Moon
- Your Travel Handbook
- Binging On A Budget
- Blogger Rachael
- Leslie Nichole
- Ellie’s Little World
- Fit Mommy In Heels
- Sweet Southern Gumption
- A Queen With Wings
- All For Myself
- Kae Giselle
Go check out their blogs and learn seven things about them.
Thank you, Beth, for nominating me! This is the first blogging award I’ve ever won, and I’m kind of thinking of creating my own award specifically for lifestyle and/or mommy bloggers. If you would be interested in that, leave a comment below!