I’ve seen a lot of “self love challenges” and “self care challenges” on Pinterest. I usually want to at least try them, but there are always one or two things on the list that I’m not really into. Then, I feel like if I don’t do them, I’m not completing the challenge and I’ve FAILED. That completely defeats the purpose because I’m certainly not “loving” myself if I feel like a failure.
Anyway, I’ve decided that if I create my own self love challenge, I’m solving that problem. Hopefully, some of you will see the 30 self care items on this list and think, “Wow! Those are totally all the things I want to do, anyway!” If that’s the case, we can do it together. In fact, we can keep doing it over and over until we’re so sick of watching TV and eating cupcakes, that I have to create a new list. Deal? Deal.
Side Note: These are not meant to be in any certain order. The idea is to pick something off the list, check it off, and repeat for 30 days.
30 Day Self Love Challenge:
- Listen to music. May I recommend the new Camila Cabello?
- Go for a walk. I literally never do this, and I need to.
- Start a new book. I love reading, and I never do that, either.
- Take a bath. I’ve lived in this house for over a year, and have never once taken an actual bath here.
- Paint your nails. My nails have had the same nail polish on them for over 30 days.
- Try a new restaurant. Because I like food.
- Watch a movie. I’ve not watched a movie since 1927.
- Burn a candle. Wax melts can count, too, I guess. I’m doing that right now. Check.
- Have a game night. There’s one called Chameleon where you have to try to lie to everyone. Fun, right?
- Organize your desk. I’d show you a picture of how much of a disaster mine is, but that’s embarrassing.
- Sleep in. This will be the hardest one for me to complete, unfortunately.
- Print favorite photos. I need to update the photos I have on my desk at work. My son is like 10 months older now.
- Spend time in the sun. Mostly because I want to be tanner.
- Have a big breakfast. I’ll probably do this more than once because breakfast is the best thing.
- Catch up on a TV show. I was just thinking today that the only shows I’ve ever finished are LOST and Gossip Girl.
- Go to bed early. I always do this. Easy.
- Design a photo book. I got a coupon for a photo book for Christmas, so I need to do it. There’s loads of discounts on Groupon, FYI.
- Eat a cupcake. Love yourself by pumping yourself full of calories.
- Plan a vacation. My last vacation was when I went to New Orleans while pregnant. I hated it. Loved the psychic, though.
- Exercise. Burn off the cupcake.
- Be creative. I want to paint, but do whatever you want.
- Change the sheets. Because I like fresh sheets.
- Order pizza. I’d like to hope that I only do this once, but I order Pizza Hut so much that I should really be their spokesperson.
- Do nothing. This is the best thing on the list.
- Write a blog or journal. Or bullet journal, if you know what that is.
- Create a playlist. I’m going to have to do this before I do #20. Gross.
- Try a new recipe. Quit saving Tasty videos on Facebook, and just make one for crying out loud.
- Drink more water. Probably should do this every day, but whatever.
- Clean out closet. All of my hangers are in use, and I refuse to buy more.
- Listen to a podcast. My favorite one is called Mentally Ch(ill).
If you decide to do this, leave a comment and let me know! If you hate one of those, feel free to replace it with something you like.